2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
1/4 tsp (1 mL) baking soda
1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
1/2 cup (125 mL) milk
1/4 cup (60 mL) Rougemont McIntosh Apple Juice
1/3 cup (75 mL) butter, softened
1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
1 1/4 cups (300 mL) shredded aged Cheddar cheese, divided
1 cup (250 mL) diced peeled apples
4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Line 9- x 5-inch (2 L) loaf pan with parchment paper or grease.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix milk with apple juice.
- Beat butter with sugar until light. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in reserved flour mixture alternately with milk mixture, making three additions of flour and two additions of milk mixture.
- Stir in 1 cup (250 mL) shredded cheese, diced apples, bacon and green onions. Scrape batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until tester inserted into centre comes out clean.