- Preheat oven to 87°C (170°F).
- Wash apples, then remove stem and core in heart shape. (we suggest having a heart shape cookie cutter)
- With a sharp knife or mandolin, cut apple into thin slices, around 3 mm (1/10 in) thick.
- Place apple slices on a cooking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in oven 4 hours, turning halfway through.
- Optional: Once apples are cooked, dip them in lemony sugar then shake off to remove excess.
- Lemon garnish (optional): Spread sugar in a flat plate. Wash lemon very well, and with a citrus zester, peel off 15 ml (1 tbsp) lemon zest. Combine sugar and zest with a spoon, crushing together if needed.