4 cups (1 L) Rougemont McIntosh Apple Juice
2 tbsp (30 mL) brown sugar
2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
2 tbsp (30 mL) whipping cream
1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
Pinch sea salt
1 pkg (12 oz/340 g) dark chocolate chips
3 apples, sliced into 1/2 inch thick rounds
RISING TIME : 15 MINUTES
- In heavy-bottom saucepan set over medium-high heat, bring apple juice to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer for 25 to 30 minutes or until thickened to honey-like consistency and reduced to 1 cup (250 mL).
- Stir in brown sugar and butter; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until simmering. Add cream; cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate in microwave-safe container, stirring every 30 seconds, for 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth. Using a 2 1/2-inch (6 cm) heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out hearts from apple rounds. Insert lollipop stick into bottom of each heart.
- Dip apples into chocolate mixture; arrange on parchment paper–lined tray. Refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes or until set. Drizzle apple juice caramel over apples; refrigerate until set.
- Tip: Any leftover caramel can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 month. Drizzle over ice cream, fruit, oatmeal or any of your favourite desserts!