250 ml (1 cup) psyllium cereal (All-Bran Buds type)
250 ml (1 cup) Rougemont apple juice
½ cup (125 mL) plain Greek yogurt
180 ml (¾ cup) lightly packed brown sugar
¼ cup (60 mL) vegetable oil
10 ml (2 teaspoons) pure vanilla extract
10 ml (2 teaspoons) baking powder
10 mL (2 teaspoons) ground cinnamon
375 ml (1 ½ cups) whole wheat flour
Chopped nuts or dried apples
Preheat the oven to 350 ° F. Place the grill at the center of the oven. Place paper molds in the cavities of a 12-cup muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg with a fork.
- Add cereals, apple juice, yogurt, brown sugar, oil and vanilla. Mix.
- Sprinkle baking powder and cinnamon and mix with fork.
- Integrate the flour.
- Let stand 10 minutes before distributing half of the preparation in the cavities of the mold.
- Then add about ½ tbsp (7.5 mL) of the garnish and cover with remaining dough.
Decorate the top of the muffins with the garnish to your liking.
Bake 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let cool before serving.
Can be stored for 5 days in the fridge or 2 months in the freezer