Caroline Savard (Wooloo) offers a tutorial for taking your summer drinks to the next level. It’s the perfect activity to add a little “je ne sais quoi” on hot summer days and impress your kids and their friends!
How to create the refreshing station
- Rougemont McIntosh apple juice
- Pineapple juice
- Allen’s Fruit punch cocktail
- Plenty of ice cubes
- 1 cm thick mango slices and blueberries*.
*You can also use slices of watermelon or cantaloupe.
- 3 large Mason jars
- Highball serving glasses
- Cardboard straws
- Wooden skewers
- Serving tray
- A large container to hold ice cubes and keep juices cool
For the fruit skewers (optional)
- Fruit of your choice: mango, blueberry, watermelon or cantaloupe
- Cutting board
- Letter-shaped cutters
Possible small additions
Here are some other ideas to enhance your refreshing station:
- Ice cubes in different shapes
- Ice cubes made with Rougemont juice
- Decorative umbrellas
How to set up the station
- Fill the large ice cube tray outside to keep the juices cool.
- Transfer juice to Mason jars.
- Cut 1 cm-thick slices (mango, watermelon or cantaloupe) and place in a serving bowl.
- Place blueberries in another small bowl.
- Bring the juice, fruits and remaining accessories to your station.
A “mermaid” mocktail to impress the crowd
The idea behind the “mermaid” mocktail is to create a gradation of color in the glass. All you need to do is add a colorful drink to the apple and pineapple juice base, but beware of mixing colors! We suggest you use Allen’s Fruit Punch to achieve a beautiful result.
Finally, why not create little fruit skewers as decoration: no one will lose their pretty glass among the guests!
Preparation – Mermaid Mocktail
- Fill glass halfway with ice.
- Pour in ½ cup McIntosh apple juice.
- Slowly add ¼ cup pineapple juice.
- Finally, add ¼ cup Allen’s Fruit Punch and watch the magic happen.
Preparation – Fruit skewers that show your guests’ names
- Place the fruit slices on the board and let the children cut out the letters of their first name using the cutters.
- Assemble the letters on a wooden skewer, alternating with the blueberries.
- Place on your glass.
Cheers and enjoy your summer!