30 mL (2 tablespoons) olive oil
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 head of red cabbage, chopped into 1 cm-thick pieces
45 mL (3 tablespoons) honey
5 mL (1 teaspoons) caraway seeds
Salt and ground pepper
375 mL (1½ cups) your favourite cheese, grated
2 Sunrise apples unpeeled and sliced
4 lb (200 g) finely chopped salami
- Preheat the BBQ to 400ºF.
- Combine the oil and garlic clove. Brush the slices of cabbage with the oil mixture and place them on the grill.
- Grill for 5 minutes on each side or until the cabbage is well grilled.
- In the meantime, in a large and very hot saucepan over high heat, roast the salami for 5 minutes or until very crispy and set aside.
- Once well roasted, place the cabbage slices on a tray on the BBQ, sprinkle with grated cheese and cook for 2 more minutes with the BBQ top closed (Make sure the baking tray can easily be placed on the BBQ grill).
- Remove from BBQ, garnish with apple strips and salami crisps.
- Place the board directly in the centre of the table and serve with bread.