30 mL (2 tablespoons) olive oil
500 mL (2 cups) cauliflower, cut into small florets
1 small yellow onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
15 mL (1 tablespoon) turmeric
2 Red Delicious apples, peeled and diced
500 mL (2 cups) vegetable broth
Salt and ground pepper
500 mL (2 cups) 15% cooking cream
24 1 cm x 1 cm chorizo cubes
12 1 cm x 1 cm cubes of your favourite cheese
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and sauté the cauliflower, onion, garlic and turmeric for 2 minutes.
- Add the apples, vegetable broth, salt and pepper, mix well and cook, covered, for 10 minutes and until the cauliflower is tender.
- In the meantime, prepare skewers, alternatively threading a cube of chorizo, a cube of cheese and a second cube of chorizo onto the skewer, set aside.
- With an immersion blender, purée until smooth. Add the cream and adjust seasoning to taste. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour into shooter glasses and place mini-brochettes next to or on top of the glass.