½ lb. pork, chopped
½ lb. beef, chopped
½ cup cooked bacon, coarsely chopped
1 ½ cups Spartan apples, peeled and grated
½ cup of bread crumbs
½ c. mustard powder
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoon of olive oil
2 French shallots, chopped
2 Cortland apples, peeled and quartered
2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
¼ cup maple syrup
1 cup veal Demi-Glace
Salt and pepper from the mill
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° F.
FOR THE SAUCE
In a skillet, heat the oil and brown the shallot for about 2 minutes, stirring.
- Add the apples and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Deglaze with the apple cider vinegar and allow to reduce almost to dry.
- Add the syrup and demi-glace and simmer on low heat for 5 minutes or until thick. Salt and pepper.
FOR THE MEATLOAF
In a bowl, mix all the ingredients
- Spread and squeeze the meat mixture into a buttered 8 x 4-inch baking pan, baking the top. Bake in the center of the oven for about 45 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in the center indicates 180 ° F.
- Let stand a few minutes before slicing. Serve with the sauce.