Prepare a special welcome for your guests: create these personalized place cards and holders that add a touch of rustic chic ̶ and a lot of warmth ̶ to your holiday table.
Thick cardboard (dark red)
White coloured pencil
White acrylic paint and a brush
Hot glue gun
Hot glue sticks
Log slices (diameter: about 10 cm / thickness: 1 cm )
Mitre saw (optional)
1. Cut log slices from a fallen branch or dead tree using a mitre saw. You can also get pre-cut pieces from a craft shop or hobby store.
2. Also with a mitre saw (manual or electric), cut a groove about 0.5 cm wide in the top third of the log slice. You can also go to a home improvement centre to get this done.
3. Cut rectangles about 5 cm x 10 cm in the cardboard.
4. Using the white pencil, write the name of each guest on a card.
5. Paint a few twigs with white acrylic paint. Let dry for about 30 minutes. Apply a second coat, if necessary, and let dry.
6. Stick the twigs to the cards with hot glue and let dry for a few seconds while pressing firmly.
7. Position each card in the groove of a log slice, then place each in front of the appropriate place setting.